Want to start sewing but need a helping hand with the basics?
We’re starting right from the beginning, so don’t worry if you’ve never sewn before. And if you’ve been sewing for a while, but without much guidance or without a strong technical focus, I'm sure you’ll notice your skills and your finished projects improve significantly.
We’ll start by taking a quick look at the sewing machine and some of the tools used in sewing. You’ll learn various stitches and seam finishes and, of course, we’ll have lots of time to sew! By the end of the course, you will feel confident enough to begin tackling some of those projects you've been dreaming about!
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 50 lectures and 2 hours of video
- Learn sewing machine basics
- Thread Your Sewing Machine
- Make A Bobbin
- Cut out fabric
- Pin Fabric to get it ready to sew
- Sew in a straight line
- Learn a multitude of stitches and seam finishes
- Correctly sew the 4 basic seams
- How to choose fabric and care for it
- How to choose thread
- How to use a pattern book
- How to read a sewing pattern
- and much more!
Who is this course for?
- This course is for anyone that wants to learn how to sew.
- If you are self-taught it will fill in any gaps you may have.
- Anyone looking to brush up on their skills and learn new ones.
Complete three projects from start to finish
1. A pillowcase with a contrasting band
2. An envelope style throw pillow
3. Makeup brush/Pencil case
If you're ready to start sewing with confidence, this workshop is for you!